In response to the current outbreak of the corona virus Sars-CoV-2, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research is opening Module 3 (Rapid Response) of the funding announcement “Guideline for the funding of a “National Research Network for Zoonotic Infectious Diseases”; Federal Gazette of 15.02.2016.
Funding will be provided for research projects, in line with WHO priorities, on the following points:
- the biology of the virus and its transmission
- animal and environmental research on the origin of the virus, including control measures at the human-animal interface
- epidemiological studies
- clinical characterization and clinical management of diseases caused by the virus
- infection prevention and control, including the best ways to protect health care workers
- research and development of drugs and other therapeutic methods and the development of new diagnostic approaches
- accompanying research and ELSA research in connection with the outbreak.
Call budget: €15M
Call opens: March 03, 2020
Application deadline: May 11, 2020