GloPID-R Scientific Advisory Group
We are delighted to share the findings of GloPID-R Scientific Advisory Group on COVID-19 research priorities for the next 12 to 18 months, along with our Co-Chairs’ recommendations based on the report.
In February 2021, in the face of the uncertainty of a second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the GloPID-R leadership formed a Scientific Advisory Group whose purpose was to provide recommendations to inform GloPID-R’s coordinated approach to funding research on COVID-19 through early 2023.
The SAG members carried out their work under the guidance of experts from the Oxford Saïd Business School, using a highly innovative method based on scenario planning.
Together they developed and explored three plausible scenarios of what may unfold in the context of a continuing COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath.
SAG Committee Members
- Chair: Marion Koopmans (GloPID-R Scientific Advisor)
- Lina Moses (GOARN Research – Tulane University)
- Moses Alobo (African Academy of Sciences)
- Nahoko Shindo (WHO)
- Nicole Lurie (CEPI)
- Steven Hoffman (CIHR)
- Xavier de Lamballerie (University of Marseilles)
- Yazdan Yazdanpanah (INSERM/ANRS – GloPID-R Vice-Chair)